Friday, August 2, 2019

30A-Reflection


         Honestly, this is the second time taking this class because I did not finish with an acceptable grade the first time. I had issues with time management and did not take advantage of the cupcakes, two things I made sure to work on/fix when taking it again this semester. I would have to say the entire semester and the ability to have a second chance is what happened to be the most formative experience for me. Taking the class again made me realize how easy it was to complete it, making me regret how I treated the course last semester; however, it taught me that I should put in as much effort as I have the first time. I, not once, watched the lectures during my first time taking this class, whereas this time, I watched every single one. I learned a lot from the lectures and actually found them quite entertaining and informative. I am proud of myself for accomplishing the course with a much better grade than before, but I know it is how I should act. I definitely see myself as an entrepreneur if the opportunity presented itself. I would recommend future students to plan out a schedule, watch the lectures, and do every assignment. If you are unsure how to complete an assignment, check the blog directory to see what your other classmates have done to get an idea of how to specify the assignment to your business plan. Having a positive and determined mindset will get you far in this course and in life. 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kinsley,

    Thanks for sharing your journey. I never would have guessed that this was your second time. I can see how it occurs for students. I started this semester thinking I could just wing my way through, with very little effort, since all that would be required of me was my own declaration that I had completed all tasks required of me. Then I started paying attention to what would be required, and I am so glad I did! I take classes very seriously and this class required a large chunk of my time, even with the ease in learning the material. I am glad you had a successful second attempt and that you are viewing it with such a positive mindset of your lessons learned! Your words encourage so thank you for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that your post is a great example to share with future students that are entering into this course and are searching for what they should do to succeed. I had to learn quickly that this class requires a lot more time than I was originally expecting, but once you're able to figure out a schedule that works with everything else going on it gets easier. Congrats on finishing the course!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kinsley,
    I found it really inspiring that you were able to turn a previous failure into an accomplishment. I think that speaks for many things that we learn in this class anyways. It is definitely important to keep up with time management and stay on top of things. I know how hard this can be as I often find it difficult to balance work and school. Still with enough persistence and dedication anyone can be successful. Great job sharing your story and using it to guide others.

    ReplyDelete