Friday, June 28, 2019

14A - Halfway Reflection

14A

1) After taking this course before, (and not doing how good I would have liked), I decided to think about what I could do differently this time. I have really improved on my time management, not letting the assignments catch up to me and making sure I complete all, with plenty of time before the due date, in case something were to go wrong. I was unaware of how many points each assignment will add up to, negatively effecting me in the long run. I am now aware, taking full advantage of even the Cupcake quizzes, making sure I get ahead on all possible points.
2) There were a few assignments where I was completely unsure and confused on how to complete it, making me quite frustrated, but I knew from past experience that every assignment matters, and regardless, it had to be completed. I think my original time taking this course and the mistakes I made allowed me to improve as a student and develop this 'never giving up' attitude that will allow me to pass this course with the grade I want.
3) Three skills I would suggest to future students is time management, planning, and giving anything a try. The assignments are somewhat time consuming, however, the course gives you plenty of time to complete them throughout the week, so creating a schedule will allow you to spend the amount of time you want on each assignment. Some assignments are harder than others, so checking each assignment at the beginning of the week will give you an idea of how long it will take you and what you need to for before hand. Each assignment is necessary and some are difficult but nothing you can't try. The grades are more of a completion rather than a right or wrong, so any effort is better than none.


1 comment:

  1. Your comments on this assignment mirrored mine and I agree with you on on all points. This class is just unique to other courses and I couldn't rely on my intellect to help me get by. At the end of the day, you just have to grind through the assignments and get them done. Checking the assignments at the beginning of the week is critical, because if you wait too long, you'll find yourself with not enough time for that one assignment and that slowly zaps your points.

    ReplyDelete