Friday, July 19, 2019

23A My Specialties

23A - Your Venture’s Unfair Advantage

  1. Spanish and Sign Language - although this might not be a large advantage for my business, my ability to communicate with others who may not speak English will help me broaden my market (rare) 
  2. Marketing Practice - I work at a boutique and have been to America’sMart several times, giving me a lot of experience in marketing and advertising (common)
  3. Customer Service - I mesh well with all different types of personalities, providing me with the skills in dealing with people and their problems when it comes to my business. (common)
  4. Age - My age allows me to understand adult needs while also catering to kids’ as well. (common)
  5. Social Media Skills - I love social media and find myself quite good at promoting, allowing me to advertise my business in an efficient and beneficial way. (common)
  6. Financial Advising Family - With my connection with financial advisors, I know I will always be making a well educated decision with my money. (rare)
  7. Captain of Softball Team - My leadership experience and skills will allow me to run a successful business and understand how to handle a team (rare)
  8. Involvement - I am very involved with various clubs, jobs, sports and Greek life. This provides me with many connections that can help me later on in my business-related life. (common)
  9. Punctuality - I worry a LOT about being on time with anything job related. (common)
  10. Creativity - My ability to come up with original ideas and innovative ways to improve my business. (somewhat rare)

After looking at my resources, I am left with 4-5 somewhat/rare qualities that will set me apart from other businesses. I think it depends on how you use these resources; although people may share some common qualities with me, the way I capitalize on each of these resources is what will set me apart. 

2 comments:

  1. I thought it was really unique and smart that you included the fact that you are both bilingual and able to use sign language. There are a lot of businesses out there that often times forget to have someone on staff that is able to communicate via sign language. I also think that it is extremely important that you added punctuality as one of your specialties.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kinsley,

    You did a great job coming up with your resources for this assignment. Your qualities are well thought out and unique. I only wish you would have completed a VRIN analysis on these resources to identify your “secret sauce” as it relates to that analysis. But your list is definitely full of valuable resources and gave me things to think about concerning my own list. Thanks for sharing with us!!

    ReplyDelete